Thursday, August 13, 2009

Harry Makov-The one who weaves magic with words!!!






Well, i just got in touch with one of the most prolific writers. He is Harry Makov. He has got myriad steaming ideas and articles that might leave you spell-bound. Such is his magic. The essence of his perspective lies in his poetry and a knack for cabaret as mythology. Well, his endeavor does not end here. He is an amateur photographer and a mad reviewer of anything under the sun. If you want a his take on any topic you can surely check out all that he has to say. Well, i am just lucky enough to grab an interview with this mastermind.


1. Well, what has inspired you to open a blog that deals with things weird or supernatural?

My drive to open “Temple Library Reviews” came from Robert’s “Fantasy Book Critic”, which discusses SFF titles and events. I read about all the newest books, which I couldn’t possibly get since I live in Eastern Europe, and wanted to stay ahead with the trend and add diversity to the books available to the Bulgarian literature market. Reviewers got free copies in exchange for their opinions and I like to give opinions in general, so it was a sweet deal. I deal with fiction and not the supernatural in general, but my love for myths and legends does shine through my reviews from time to time.

2. I have been reading your blog for a long time. It is really interesting and up to date. Do you think this blogging is helping you to reach out to the people?

I can’t really say that my blog is up to date, because I manage to pass up pretty good facts about events and such, but I sincerely hope it’s interesting. As far as your question goes I think it does, not that I do something as serious as other blogger fields do. If I managed to help people pick the books that most suit them, I would be quite pleased with myself. My blog is my way of transforming my monologue into eventual dialogue with other people, who share the same passion as me and in that I have succeeded.

3. As a blogger, what do you think can drive traffic to your website?

There is no written formula for that. I have been quite unsuccessful with driving traffic to my website for awhile and right after my “Reviewer Time” special feature started, where I interview other SFF reviewers and comment on their blogs, did interest in me as a blogger pick up. The key I guess is to bring something different to the table as well as being persistent and comment a lot, where it counts. Participation in social networks such as Book Blogs and Wonderlands with subscriptions to websites like Technorati will only help. In the end it’s not the traffic that counts, it’s the satisfaction of what you do that matters. A lesson I re-learned recently.

4. You have catered to many aspects that relate to dark and dismal things in life. Do you believe in the paranormal?

I am the essential sceptical believer. The assumption that the material world is not all that exists sounds logical and at the same I need proof to become convinced. I am inclined to believe ghost stories, haunting sites and ghost sightings, but I can’t count them as fact, unless I have experienced them as well. In my opinion I am the healthy dose sceptic and a believer.

5. What do you think about the existence of black magic?

Black magic as a discipline does not exist. As far as the books on esoteric topics I have read and there was a period, when my reading consisted solely from these books, I can say that magic in real life through rituals and meditation is defined by intent and it is the caster’s intent solely what defines the spell as benevolent or malevolent or as people say white and black. As an example I will give how people use electricity, which at one time was thought as the most powerful force discovered. On one hand we use it to power our houses, cars and gadgets we need to get by and then on the other we use it in stun guns and electric fences. Electricity remains the same force, but the application is what makes the difference.

6. What do you think about the recent hype on “Michael Jackson’s ghost”?

I was never aware that there was such a phenomenon. I was never much of a Jackson fan to begin with, so the whole media circus surrounding his death and life and apparently ghost is indifferent to me. People tend to see what they want to see, but who am I to argue. Michael led a very difficult life and by all criteria if a person needs reasons to become a ghost after his passing, then Michael has enough.

7. Would you ever take a chance to visit the paranormal?

Nope. If whatever afterlife is assigned to me exists, then I am sure that when my time is done I will have plenty of time sightseeing. If you mean experience ghastly happenings, I wouldn’t mind to have one or two spookier real stories to tell, but my imagination supplies me with enough stories on my own, so it’s not a desperate wish to meet face to face with the paranormal.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome. Thanks for all the kind words and I will be sure to link back. :) I always feel honored, when somebody inbterviews me. It's a very exciting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great! Wonderful and unique questions, and it is always a pleasure to get to know more about Harry.

    "In the end it’s not the traffic that counts, it’s the satisfaction of what you do that matters. A lesson I re-learned recently. "

    I dare say you are correct and it is a lesson that I relearn, the relearn again, and again. It is easy when traffic is good to start getting caught up in that and when it dips down to start trying to find that 'recipe' to keep the traffic up. The most satisfying thing to do is to not allow ones self to get caught up in that. I think a healthy balance must be struck between continuing to do those things that have been successful and just doing what you want to do.

    I'm with you, Harry. I have no desperate wish to meet face to face with the paranormal!!! :)

    I've really enjoyed this, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey folks thanks for all the comments....I am just a beginner and when someone like Harry comments on my blog it is indeed a splendid thing....I am just loving the way things are going...I will try to post more interesting facts...so please don't forget to comment....

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What is on your mind!!!